A sweet pudding made using milk & condensed milk (Yummm).
I can have condensed milk as it is but then i stop myself thinking about the calories. This dish requires agar agar for it to set, which you will find in Asian stores. Its almost transparent & crunchy.
Its fairly easy to prepare this. But it takes about 6 hours to set. When it comes to sweets, i do tend to obsess over calories. This recipe makes 6 servings & each serving is approx 150 calories, so in my books this is a low calorie dessert, something that i turn to for my sweet tooth .
What you need :
Agar Agar : 5 gm
Milk : 2 cups ( I used 2 % milk )
Condensed milk : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 3 tbsp
Cardamom powder : A pinch
Vanilla essence : 1 tsp
Praline : 2/3 cup
(You can find praline recipe here – I crushed the praline in a mortar & pestle, you can crumble it in food processor too)
– Soak agar agar in 1/2 cup water for 30 mins.
– Put the agar agar & water mixture in a saucepan & keep stirring until it melts. Meanwhile, bring milk, condensed milk & sugar to a boil in another pan.
– Add cardamom powder to the milk mixture. It smells amazing after adding cardamom.
– Once agar agar has completely melted, add it to the milk mixture by straining it.
– Bring it to boil, and remove from heat. Add vanilla essence. Stir.
– Transfer them to the bowls you will be serving it in. And sprinkle praline on top of them.
– Let it cool completely on the counter, and them wrap them individually, carefully, using cling wrap. And keep it untouched in the refrigerator to set.
Enjoy them after 6 – 7 hrs.