A healthy quick no cream or butter tomato soup. Very basic.
Oh there are lots of tomato soup recipes, and here’s one more!! Its comfort food for me. Takes me back to my childhood home. Its the way my mum makes it, and i was craving for it today after a good workout at the gym.
I’ve seen lots of recipes with butter & heavy cream in it & c’mon, i just busted my ass in the gym & i absolutely don’t want to waste all that effort. So here it is & its totally healthy; so have 2 cups if you wish
What you need :
Tomatoes: 3 chopped
Garlic: 3 cloves
Corn starch: 1 tsp
Water: 1 cup
Milk: 1/4 cup (optional)
Oil: 1 tsp
Salt & pepper to taste
– Add oil in a pan, once hot; add garlic. Saute for 30 secs & add the tomatoes. Give it a mix and cover it for 10 mins. Keep checking and stirring every 5 mins. But keep it covered.
– Next add milk & let it start bubbling. About 5 mins.
– Take it off the heat & let it cool. Puree it in a blender.
– Strain the entire mixture & throw away the seeds & stuff.
– Put it back on heat. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bring it to boil.
– Meanwhile, add 1 tsp cornstarch to 1/4 cup water; mix it & keep aside.
– Once the soup starts boiling, add cornstarch water. It will thicken and wait till you see it boiling. Serve warm !!
I served it with some Roasted Brussels Sprouts. You can also have it with grilled cheese sandwich.