This is in no way healthy! And sometimes its okay to indulge, that is what keeps me sane. I had oranges & peaches in my fruit basket so i thought of making cupcakes using them; skeptical at first thinking how they would turn out, but hey!! nothing lost /nothing gained & i went ahead with my idea. They did come out good & here i’m sharing with you all after my photographing spree.
It did take me a long time to make them as i was taking my own sweet time, taking breaks in between; doing something else.
Don’t mind my decoration, as i’m not much of a cream or frosting person. I like having the cupcakes as it is, without the topping and my husband cribs asking me to put some topping & i tried my hand at it. Not perfect. But the cupcakes, i promise are moist & really soft.
What you need for cupcakes:
Self rising flour: 1 1/2 cups
Sugar: 1 cup
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Butter: 1/2 cup
Orange zest: 1/2 orange zest
Orange juice: 1/4 cup
Peaches: 2 chopped
Milk: 2/4 cup (I used whole milk)
What you need for icing:
Butter: 1 stick
Powdered Sugar: 1 1/2 cups
Orange zest: 1/2 orange
Orange juice: 2 tsp
Food coloring: 2 drops yellow & 1 drop red – gives orange
Method for cupcakes:
– Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C. And line your cupcake tray.
– Take flour, sugar, salt, orange zest, peaches(keep aside a few for topping) in your bowl. Mix. No need to sift the flour.
– Add the wet ingredients, all at once, one after another – Egg, milk, melted butter, orange juice.
– Combine all just until the flour is combined. Do not over mix. Just blend with a spoon. Its okay to have lumps. I would have stirred it all just approx 5 times.
– Transfer them to cupcake liners as equally as possible. I got 2 tsp in each. But hey, you don’t have to be perfect.
– Once done, bake them in preheated oven for 25 mins. (Might be different timing in your oven, at 25 mins; check once by inserting a tooth pick, if done; remove them then, if not bake it until done)
– Cool them on the rack for 30 – 35 mins. While they are cooling, you can make the icing.
Method for icing:
– Take butter in a bowl, and beat it with electric beater until smooth.
– Add orange zest, and mix with a spoon.
– *Sift the powdered sugar while adding them next.
– Add 1 cup powdered sugar, and beat it using electric beater again until smooth. Repeat for the rest of powdered sugar.
– Lastly add 2 tsp orange juice & beat again until you get it all smooth.
– Pipe it & decorate. (I din’t have a piping bag, so i used a ziploc bag)
I topped the cupcakes with few pieces of peach. You can top with orange too 🙂
Remember *** Moderation is the key!! Happy Baking 🙂